Wolverines To Receive Concussion Base Line Testing
Dear Parents and Players,
As part of our ongoing commitment to the safety of our players and making the Wolverines organization better as a whole, we have arranged that each player will receive concussion base line testing. The base line testing has been organized with Dr. Ian Horseman who has worked with both Pro and University level athletes in this field. This testing will allow us as coaches to know where a player stands if he is suspected of having a concussion.
In working with Dr. Horseman, there will be no fee for the testing and if suspected of a concussion your first
Valentine's Day Dance Great Success
The Peterborough Wolverines held their first Valentines Day Dance this past weekend and it was a huge success. There was great food, music, friends, prizes and some dancing to behold !
Thank you to all who attended to help make it such a success.
Special Thank you’s to Catherine Chamberlain for all her efforts to organize the event and pull it off, to Mark Christiano for donating his bands time “The Ya Ya Baby’s’ for what was great live music and we can’t forget his back up singers Shari, Prue, Linda and Teresa and to Anthony and Samantha Lennan for supplying an amazing meal.
For those that could not attend you missed a great evening and we hope to see you all next year !
Wolverines Annouce Directors for 2015, OUA Combine & Important Dates
- President: Ken Butcher
- Vice President: Ted Brown
- Co-General Managers: Jason Ward / Bryan Junkin
- Treasurer: Anthony Berardi
- Secretary: Theresa Butcher
- Volunteer Coordinator: Catherine Chamberlain
- Director at Large, Special Projects: Jerry Peters
The Wolverines Head Coaches and Offensive and Defensive Coordinators (OC/DC) are:
- Bantams: Head Coach Patrick Assnick, OC Aaron McMillan, DC Christian Vernaver
- Jr. Varsity: Head Coach and DC Ken Butcher, OC Stu Budgell
- Sr. Varsity: Head coach and DC John Parkes, OC Andy Astrom
Note: Positional Coaches to complete each staff will be announced soon (click here to apply).
2015 Player on line early registrations will be accepted from December 1-15, 2014 via the Peterborough Wolverines website and a special registration day will be held on Saturday December 6, 2014 at the Wolverines Clubhouse located at 910 High Street from 12pm -3pm, allows the returning players to reserve their game number for 2015. Please refer to registration details on our website at peterboroughwolverines.ca.
NEW Registration Date: The next Wolverines registration will be held Saturday Jan. 17th works from 12pm to 2pm at the Wolverines clubhouse (910 High Street).
The first try-outs for the Sr. Varsity and Jr. Varsity players will take place on Saturday February 14, 2015 at the Spiplex. The Bantams will announce their first try-out details later. The Wolverines are truly excited and look forward to their opportunity to represent the greater Peterborough region with their three teams in the 2015 Ontario Football Conference (OFC). The three Wolverines teams are the Bantams (age 13-14), Jr. Varsity (age 15-16) and Sr. Varsity (age 17-19) and will again have the TASS Field for their home site.
OUA Combine Series
The OUA will be holding a COMBINE SERIES in 8 different locations throughout Ontario in the month of December. These combines will be the only combines that OUA COACHES AND STAFF are in attendance. If you have any players who wish to pursue a football career in the OUA this combine would be of benefit to them. Please follow the link for more informatino...http://www.oua.ca/toprecruit
2014 AGM (Nov 26 at 7PM) & Other Upcoming Events
- Date:Wednesday Nov. 26th
- Time: 7 pm
- Location: KMFL/Wolverines Clubhouse (910 High Street, Unit #7)
Other Upcoming Events
2015 WOLVERINES OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE COORDINATORS
- The Sr. Varsity Wolverines will have John Parkes as their Defensive Coordinator and Andy Astrom as their Offensive Coordinator in his first year with the organization.
- The Jr. Varsity Wolverines will again have Ken Butcher as their Defensive Coordinator with Stuart Budgell taking on the Offensive Coordinator postion in his first year with the Wolverines.
- The Bantam Wolverines will be guided by Christian Vesnaver at the Defensive Coordinator position and Aaron McMillan as Offensive Coordinator.